Saturday, August 27, 2011

bleary eyed and sleep deprived

I've always been told that 1st children are easy so that you have more.... if you had your second child first, that you would have stopped at one! Luke is fairly identical to his brother..... except for this whole sleep thing. At first I chalked it up to the "4 month sleep regression". But here we are, closing in on 5 months old with no relief in sight...

I'm. Still. Tired.

We've started feeding him rice cereal before bed and he's still getting up 3-4 times at night to nurse. As much as I don't want to (read: am not ready to!) put him in his own room, I think I will have to try that. Maybe Andrew and I are noisy sleepers? Are we possibly waking him up? I feel like I'm grasping at straws for something.... anything!

For more exciting news.... I'm GOING PART TIME!!!!!!!!!!!! Starting in October, I will have Tuesday's off! I'm so excited about this I can hardly stand myself... I can't wait to be able to spend more time with my boys!

Luke is rolling over in both directions and now can pretty much roll himself where ever he wants to go! And Logan is now mastering the art of writing his own name. He's getting pretty good at it which makes me SO proud and so sad at the same time! Why are my little boys growing up so fast????

We also enjoyed Field Days recently.... here are a few pictures!

I think Logan needs a pony......


Luke wasn't as thrilled about the Children's Barnyard as Logan was!


Petting the donkey's with a little help from Justin


Family ride on the merry-go-round


I'm pretty sure Logan sat on every tractor there!


Luke napping at the tractor pulls 
(I'm feeling a bit like redneck momma!)




No comments: