Wednesday, August 03, 2011

mish mash!

I am a girl of many lists. I always seem to have one going... stuff to get done, groceries to buy, things to pack, bills to pay....... There is just something about being able to check a task off a list that it satisfying to me. It's visually "done".

So as I sit here in the kitchen waiting for my last batch of cookies to finish baking I'm tallying the running list in my head. I feel like as soon as I get 1 thing checked off as done, 3 more have appeared on my list. Since I am back to work full time, I feel like I'm getting further and further behind. I try to manage my time as best I can but it sure is easy to fall off track when you have 2 handsome boys to distract you!


How do my other workin' mama's keep their house in some sort of order during the week?! I'm always behind! Some of the dishes I just put in the dishwasher were from Monday night! (insert BBC vomit face here!) I'm clearly in need of any and all tips!

Last weekend, we hiked up Mooslamoo (on the Salisbury side) to Silver Lake. It was a lot steeper of a hike that I remember it being, so Andrew had to carry Logan up on his shoulders after the first hill! Both of the boys loved it! Jen, Kyle and Carly came along and we all had a really great time!





Luke was awake the whole hike up, all the time we spent at the lake and then about 1/2 way down he fell asleep...chewing on my thumb! He's been gnawing on pretty much anything he can get into his mouth lately. At this age Logan was sprouting his first tooth and I guess Luke isn't about to be left behind with that milestone!

Today's also a big day because My sweet niece Carly turned 1!!! We're really looking forward to her party on Saturday! We scored her some pretty awesome birthday goodies that I can't post about until after her birthday, incase her Mommy reads this post! :) 

Then...

and

Now!


 Happy Birthday, sweet Carly!! We love you!!!





No comments: